This was my first time ever making Chinese food, it was surprisingly easy. We were looking for some meals for my nan and we realised that a lot of Chinese vegetables are suitable for her to eat. There was a small amount of Garlic Puree in the ready made sauce which isn’t something that is low FODMAP, but such a small amount shared between 4 people didn’t affect my nan.
You will need:
- Short Grain Rice – I used 600g but that was too much for 4 people
- 3-4 Chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 225g tin of Water Chestnuts
- 225g tin of Bamboo Shoots
- 410g tin of Bean sprouts
- A little bit of sliced pepper & some petit pois (sounds like petty pwa)
- 425g jar of Sweet & sour Cooking Sauce
1. Drain and cook the rice. And then drain again.
2. Heat a little oil in a wok or large frying pan, fry the chicken until cooked then add the all the vegetables. Then the sauce. Heat everything up.
3. Either mix together the rice and chicken, or put the rice on a plate and add the chicken mixture, like we did. Done!