As my Nan’s of a diet and refuses to eat anything sweet so I decided to make these healthier option, Apple and Oatmeal cookies! Everyone was surprised at these, we weren’t expecting them to be so nice! This is the easiest cookie recipe I’ve found so don’t worry!
You will need:
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into small bits.
- 175g oats
- 120g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (BoS)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 115g soft unsalted butter
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, BoS and salt in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well. Pre-heat oven the gas mark 4. Line the base of a baking tray with grease proof paper.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg one and mix just until they have been mix together, add in the apple and oats and mix well. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the mixture into small balls (about 1 tbsp worth of dough) and squash down on the baking tray. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes. Enjoy!