As requested, Sticky Toffee Pudding! We all like Sticky Toffee Pudding, so when we saw the comment suggesting it we made it the same day. I failed at it the first time as I was only just starting off, but that was a stupid mistake on my part, but the result was well worth it .Overall a easy(ish) recipe. Here’s the recipe!
You will need:
- 190g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 120g brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 120ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 85g melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the toffee sauce:
- 120g butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 250ml double cream
1. Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add the sugar and stir well.
2. In a separate bowl, put the milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract and beat until a light froth forms on top.
3. Add the milky mixture to the flour mixture and stir well until smooth. Preheat oven to gas mark 3/ 170*C/320*F.
4. Grease a pudding bowl generously. Pour the mixture into the bowl and bake for 20-30 minutes or untill top is VERY firm and skewer come out clean(Mine took over an hour…).
1. For the sauce: In a saucepan, put in the butter, sugar and double cream. Bring to a simmer and stir until thick, Dark brown and smooth. It should look like syrup. Let stand for 10 minutes before pouring over.
2. Take out the pudding and flop onto a plate and, fingers crossed, it should hopefully come out whole. Pour the sauce over the pudding or however you like it! 😀