This is taken from Abbie’s blog. This is one of the families favorite recipes as it uses up the leftover bananas and also tastes delicious.
Over to Abbie.
You can’t get much more simple than this recipe, it’s one of the first things I did. It doesn’t look like the easiest thing, but it really is as easy as 1 2 3! And is also a very nice way to use old bananas.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 225g of plain flour
- 175g of caster sugar
- 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp of salt
- 50g of walnut & almond kernels (chopped)
- 3 mushed bananas
- 2 eggs
What to do now:
- Mix together the flour, sugar and Bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the salt.
- Then add the kernels.
- Make sure it’s mixed well. Mush the bananas and then mix them in too.
- Beat the eggs in a cup and add that to the mixture so far. Mix until quite smooth.
- Butter a loaf tin and preheat the oven to gas mark 3. Stick it it.
- Leave it for aprox 1 hour or until a skewer comes out dry.