I enjoyed making this more than I did eating it. The best part about it is the yummy pear juice! Quite easy, not many places you can go wrong.
You will need:
- 2 410g (undrained weight) cans of pears
- 150g butter
- 150g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 375g plain flour
- 75g cornflour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- large pinch of sat
- 1 – 2 tsp lemon juice
- A litte bit of milk
1. Drain the pears and put the liquid in a few cups to drink (I love pear juice), and place neat and evenly in a greased baking dish. Set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in on egg at a time adding a tablespoon and a half of the flour with each one.
3. Add the rest of the flour along with the cornflour, baking powder and salt and fold in. Preheat oven to gas mark 4/ 180*C/ 350*F.
4. Stir in to lemon juice and enough milk so that the batter will easily drop of the spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture into the dish and smooth the top. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is slightly browned. Enjoy!