This is the other thing I did yesterday, along with the Chocolate Orange Loaf. But this one will get you jumping of the walls :D! This recipe is much much harder, as there are 3 layers you must do. But don’t let it put you off!
You will need:
For the base:
- 100g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 50g self raising flour
For the filling:
- 400g condensed milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 25g butter
- 3 tsp coffee granules
- 80g chopped walnuts
For the topping:
- 150 plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 50g brown sugar
- 100g butter
1. The base: cream the butter and sugar in a bowl. Grease a swiss roll tray. Preheat the oven to gs mark 4/ 180*C/ 350*F.
2. Add the flours to make a firm dough (don’t worry if it seem a bit crumbly, its suppose to seem that way), press into the bottom of the tray evenly and firmly. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Take it out and leave to cool.
1. The filling: In a non-stick saucepan (this is important, it HAS to be non-sick), mix together the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup.
2. Add the coffee granules and heat until boiling swiftly mix until it thickens noticeably, do not allow to burn. Add in the walnuts and continue to mix.
3. Spread the filling onto the base evenly.
1. For the topping: Mix together the flour, cinnamon, Coffee powder and brown sugar. Rub in the butter with your fingers to make a firm dough. Pop into the fridge and leave until even firmer.
2. When it’s firm enough, grate and spread over the top of the filling evenly. DO NOT PRESS DOWN, it’s supposed to be crumbly.
4. Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!!!