Accidentally made double the amount that i was supposed to, but no ones complaining. Jess isn’t a massive fan, as expected, but she ate it. Its May Day, Beltane pagan festival of fire, and this is a fire filled cake.
- 220g Plain flour
- 220g Self raising flour
- 1tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Mixed spice
- 1tsp Ginger
- 180ml Milk
- 150ml Amaretto + 100ml for later
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- 300g Butter, softened
- 200g Dark brown sugar
- 250g Light brown sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 150g Dark chocolate, melted
- Mix the flours and the spices together in a medium bowl.
- In a separate, large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together, then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate, much smaller bowl, mix the vanilla, amaretto, and milk together. Then add the melted chocolate.
- Mix the flour mixture and and milk mixture into the butter/sugar mixture in small amounts each times, alternating between the two. Mix well with each addition
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180*C/350*F. Generously grease a large bundt tin, and coat with flour all around. Tip the batter into the tin and even it out before placing into the oven for 60-80 minutes.
- Once cooked (skewer should come out clean), poke about a dozen holes all around the cake in the crack that probably formed while baking, pour the extra amaretto evenly throughout the holes, wait at least an hour to allow it to soak, then tip the cake into a large place and serve. Doneeeee, its strong around the “veins”, be careful.