This was another one of those recipes that you have seen and thought no, weetabix in a cake is just a no. But, we finally gave in and made one but added fruit and nuts to the recipe, plus a little ginger sneaked in.
Because it has weetabix in does that mean that I can have cake for breakfast I hope so.
- 1 Weetabix, crushed
- 140ml milk
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 1 small ripe banana
- 150g self-raising flour
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 75g sultanas or raisins
- 50g mixed nuts
- first pre heat the oven at gas mark 3 /170c
- mix the weetabix and milk until well combined.
- then add the egg and mix well
- do the same with the banana
- add the flour, sugar, mixed spice and cinnamon and mix well
- add all the fruit and nuts and once again mix well
- put in the oven for an hour or so, ours took a bit longer