This is the first thing I have cooked for this website and the first thing I have done on my own. I hope to do more baking soon though because it is fun to bake. I’m ten by the way and I am Abbie’s sister.
- 170g margarine.
- 225g gluten free porridge oats.
- 110g Demerara sugar.
- 55g maple syrup.
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark five.
2. Grease a baking tray 13 inch by 7.5 inch.
3. Melt the margarine in a pan.
4.Weigh out the demerara sugar then weigh out the maple syrup.
5.Add the demerara sugar and the maple syrup to the melted margarine and stir until the demerara sugar and the maple syrup dissolves .
6.Remove the pan from the heat then add the oats.
7. Spread the mixture into the tin and press to make sure it’s even.
8. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown but don’t over bake.
9. When out of the oven cut into bars and leve to cool.