Pretty good, you can swap out the chocolate basically any flavour you want. This was supposed to be white chocolate with milk chocolate patters, but my Nan hid it because I kept eating it, so I only had a bar of dark chocolate to work with. Meaning this ended up quite rich, which just means it lasts longer.
- 250g Crushed digestive biscuits
- 100g Melted butter
- 400g Soft/cream cheese at room temperature
- 150g Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 0.5tbsp + 3tbsp Cocoa powder
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and the melted butter and press it into a large flan dish at least an inch deep. Press up the sides evenly.
- Beat together the cheese and sugar, then beat in the eggs and places 2-3tbsp of the mixture in a separate, small bowl. Add the 0.5 tbsp of cocoa powder to the small bowl and mix well.
- To the rest of the cheese mixture, add the melted chocolate all at once and beat quickly, I tried to pour it in slowly and mix but it looks like the slower you do it the more the chocolate binds the the sugar granules and makes it look bitty. Add the rest of the cocoa power and mix again.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180*C/350*F. Pour the larger cheese mixture in first, even out. then place teaspoons of the small mixture in top and make pretty patters. My pretty pattern didn’t turn out pretty. Bake for 20 minutes, then place a “crust shield” on it, all I did was line the edges and the crusts with tin foil, but idk if it made a difference or not, i think its to stop the edges from going crispy? My edges are fine so do whatever you want. Anyway, cook it for 10 minutes, the middle should look a little not quite ready, but don’t be fooled, for it actually is. ~~done~~