So, we’re in quarantine. Lots of bad stuff going on and we’re doing our part by eating corned beef and canned beans. There’s no canned beans in this particular recipe however, just a can of heavily processed beef in a nightmarish tin can that I’ve failed in properly opening 2 out of my 3 attempts. The first time I opened the can I was all cocky and confident, then I tried again a couple days later and snapped the little key thing off instantly, confidence took a bit of a hit but no big deal. Try again for this recipe and I manage to take a right turn this time and bam, snapped again. We also wouldnt usually use spaghetti sauce from a jar, but we’re using up stuff in the cupboards.
- 450g Pasta/spaghetti (this is dry weight), cooked el dente, drained
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 2tsp Garlic puree
- 1 Can corned beef
- 1 (340g) Jar sweet spaghetti sauce
- 1tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese for on top
- heat the oil in the pan, add the onions and garlic and cook until the ions are softened but not browned.
- Add the corned beef, mashing it with whatever you’re stirring with until at least broken up in medium chunks, season with a little salt and a bit of pepper, add the sauce and seasoning and mix well until smooth, unless you want chunks.
- Serve with a bed of pasta and the sauce on top, sprinkle the cheese on top. Done