We’ve always made banana loaves to use up over-ripe bananas, and that’s basically what this is except better in every way. Its not much harder than normal, boring banana bread and is definitely worth it over the original. There’s really no competition. Looks pretty too, with a cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle of each slice.
- 115g unsalted butter, softened to the point its half melted but still thick
- 90g granulated sugar + 50g
- 50g light brown sugar + 10g
- 2 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4 bananas medium to large, mashed
- 220g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1tsp ground cinnamon + 2tsp
- 1/2tsp salt
- Mix the butter and the sugars together, then beat in eggs and vanilla extract, then stir in the mashed bananas.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, add the the dry to the wet and mix well until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Line a cake loaf tin with grease proof paper, preheat oven to gas mark 4/ 180*C/ 350*F. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the tin, mix the extra granulated sugar and extra cinnamon in a little bowl, sprinkle 1/3 of that on top of the batter, then add half the remaining batter on top of that layer, and then sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar on top, pour the rest of the batter in and mix the extra brown sugar into the remaining cinnamon sugar and sprinkle that on top, bake for an hour. Done 🙂