I have been wanting to make rocky road for a while and yesterday I finally got ’round to doing it. It was simple and if you don’t burn the butter and have to wait for it to cool then you could probably prepare it in about 10 minutes or less! ? This is very simple but you DO used a saucepan most of way through with burni- I mean melting the butter, chocolate and mixing in everything else! This is pretty easy unless you are me then it is the hardest thing ever…
You will need:
- 200g Digestive Biscuits SMASHED INTO CHUNKS (avoid powder but it doesnt matter if there is some, I had loads)
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g milk chocolate SMASHED INTO CHUNKS
- 130g butter
- 100g mini marhmallows
1. Put the butter, chocolate and golden syrup into a saucepan and melt on a low heat.
2. Once melted, turn off the heat and add the crushed biscuits and marshmallows and gently fold them in. Tip: Let the chocolate mixture cool SLIGHTLY before adding the biscuits and marshmallows, this way the marshmallows wont melt completely like mine did.
3. Line a large dish with baking paper and put the mixture into it. Let it stand for a bit so that wen you put it in the fridge it wont heat up everything else.
4.Put it in the fridge for about 2 hours. NOM NOM NOM!!!