As many of you know from previous posts I have digestive/stomach issues. I’m still not sure what is causing this, IBS, wheat intolerance, problems with gluten possibly? I have no idea. So, I’m still adapting recipes and trying different things to see what may help.
Last week I bought some almond & coconut flour to make some bread and I’m now trying some different things, for that read sweeter stuff, to see how they will work in those recipes, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!
As the almond flour is higher in fat than standard flour you don’t need as much butter as normal , and of course using this means they are gluten free.
- 120g almond flour
- 40g softened butter
- 20g icing sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
These are so simple to make and taste delicious, around 10 minutes in the oven and then a short time to cool. lovely when they are slightly warm straight out of the oven
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 C, line a baking sheet with grease proof paper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, either by hand or with a mixer until a dough forms
- Roll into small balls
- Flatten to about 1/4″ thick with a fork, make a cross pattern on the top
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until they start to go slightly brown
- Allow to cook for around 10 minutes then enjoy