I have made biscuits before but these are the first cookies and they are a complete successes even with granddad and he doesn’t like dark chocolate overly much. I think that these are lovely and not half bad for my fist cookie recipe.
- 50g softened unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp peanut butter ( it doesn’t matter what type)
- 45 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 75g wholemeal spelt flour
- 50g dark chocolate cut into pieces
- Cream the butter, egg, sugar, golden syrup, peanut butter and salt together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour until mixed.
- Mix in the chocolate I kept 12 pieces back to stick on top but you don’t need to do that.
- Leave in a cool place to firm up if needed.
- Roll into twelve balls and place well apart on a lined baking tray.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand, then press the remaining chocolate chunks into the tops I did one piece per cookie.
- Bake in the middle of a preheated oven at gas mark 4/350 Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.