A good Festive treat. These weren’t quite as Rum-y as I was expecting BUT DOES contain RUM. I liked them but my Nan and Grandad weren’t keen. Tip: For rolling them into balls, put a bit of cocoa powder on your hands so it doesn’t stick as much.
You will need:
- 150g Dark chocolate, Chopped
- 90g Milk chocolate, again, Chopped
- 60ml double cream
- 30g unsalted butter
- 50g chocolate cake crumbs
- 2-3 (or maybe more :)) teaspoons dark rum
1. Put the chocolate in a semi-large heat-proof bowl.
2. Put the butter and cream in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Once at the boil pour into the bowl with the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. (Mine didn’t melt at first so I boiled some water in a saucepan and put the bowl on top).
3. Add in the cake crumbs and Rum, mix well. Leave it for a bit until firm enough to roll.
4. Take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls, roll in whatever topping you and and put on a baking tray or a plate or something so that they are not touching. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Take them out (not literally) and Taa Daaaa!!!