Yesterday I went on a little baking spree, one of the things I made was a Chocolate Orange Marble Cake! It turned out perfectly! This recipe is relatively easy, BUT I did get a minor scald so be careful :(.
You will need:
- 50g Plain or milk chocolate broken
- 125g butter softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125g self raising flour
- 1/2tsp orange extract
- 2tsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Put the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stir until melted. When melted, Leave to cool but make sure it doesn’t start to set. If it does heat is up slightly again.
2. Cream together the sugar, butter and orange extract until pale and fluffy. Slowly add he eggs, beat really well after each addition.
3. Fold in the flour and orange juice, then separate the mixture in 2 halves in separate bowls.
4. In one part, add the melted chocolate and cocoa powder and gently fold in.
5. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180*C/350*F and grease a loaf tin.
6. Spoon the mixtures into the tin, alternating between chocolate and normal. Take a knife and do 1 wiggly line down the middle, DO NOT MIX.
7. Put in the oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer/ small knife come out clean!