These worked way better than I thought, the look like something you would find in a shop and they taste even better. Unfortunately, the ‘Surprise’ bit doesn’t work if you eat the whole thing in 1 bite, Grandad
You will need:
- 4 Eggs, weigh them
- The same weight of butter, sugar and flour
- 2-3tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp Salt
For the Toffee filling:
- 75g Sugar
- 75g Butter
- 1 can condensed milk (397g)
- Vanilla buttercream
1. Cream together the butter and sugar, beat in 1 egg at a time with a little a bit of flour, do this until not eggs or flour remain. Add in the vanilla and salt, mix well. Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180*C/350*F. Divide the ixture into fairy cake cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
2. In a small, non-stick pan, melt the butter and sugar over a low heat. Pour on the condensed milk and boil for 1 minutes, stir constantly. Take off the heat and put to one side. Don’t worry if it’s grainy, mine did the same, it’s fine.
3. Once the cake are out and have cooled slightly, take a tea spoon and cut a hole out of the middle and fill with the toffee while it’s still warm. Decorate with the butter cream however you want. You could also use the piece of cake that you cut out before, cut it in half and stick them onto of the toffee filling, this is called a butterfly topping. Done!