Today I made some Fudge & Chocolate cookies, as we had some left over fudge from when my grandad last made fudge for us. We found this recipe and thought it looked good, so we gave it a go! This isn’t a hard recipe but it isn’t the easiest either.
You will need:
- 130g unsalted butter
- 50g maple syrup (You can used golden syrup or honey if you want)
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g white chocolate + 50g milk chocolate chopped/chips
- 75g fudge
1. Mix together the butter, syrup of choice and sugar until soft and creamy. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/ 180*c.
2. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Then add the flour and Baking powder.
3. Mix in the chocolate and fudge until it looks like there is chocolate and fudge spread evenly through out the mixture.
4. Line a baking tray or 2 with grease proof paper. Roll the mixture into balls just bigger than a walnut and flatten out of the baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
For us this worked out really nice and grandad even gave me a 12/10! ?