One of our many food items for celebrating the summer solstice, also known as Litha. Just a nice easy quiche with some spinach. Adding a bit of bacon also wouldn’t hurt, just make sure its cooked before adding it.
- One lot of this pastry. >Click me 😀<
- 150g Chedder/ Red lester, grated
- 150g Soft cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1tsp Basil
- 1tsp Pepper
- 1 Handful of baby spinach, chopped but still big pieces
- Make the pastry according to the recipe.
- Dump all the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix well, don’t destroy the clumps of soft cheese, they’re quite nice. Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180*C/350*F. Get a deep (2-3 inches) flan dish, and lightly butter it.
- Roll your pastry several inches bigger than your flan dish in all directions, then transfer the pastry into the dish by whatever means you’d like. If its in there, it doesn’t matter how you did it. Trim the edges with a knife and prick the base all over, prick the base all over with a fork, pour your mixture into the pastry case, and bake for 25-30 minutes, until slightly coloured on top.