Its pretty good and way less bland than I expected, could do with a little more seasoning but its fine as is.
- 200g (dry weight) Fusilli pasta
- 250g Small broccoli florets
- 40g Butter
- 40g Plain flour
- 80g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 600ml Milk
- 1tsp Cheese sauce granuels
- 1tsp Basil
- Salt & pepper (white pepper if you’d prefer to avoid little black specs)
- 1 tin Tuna
- Cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of milk-water until almost done, then add the broccoli and continue to cook until pasta is done. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and flour, mixing constantly with a whisk, once the paste starts to bubble, add a little milk, whisk well and repeat until all the milk is in. Add half of the cheese, sauce granules, salt and pepper, and basil and mix well. Grease a large casserole dish and preheat oven to gasmark 6/ 200*C/ 400*F
- In a well greased casserole dish, tip in the pasta and broccoli, even out and make sure broccoli is evenly distributed, then open and drain the tuna can, and evenly flake it over the pasta, pour the cheese over, or if its too thick, spoon onto, on top of the tuna and pasta, sprinkle the remaining cheese over this and bake for 30 minutes or until the top in more set, golden brown, and a little wobbly.