I was looking for something to do for Samhain and I found these they looked easy to do and fit right in.
- 320 g sugar
- 320 g flour
- 225 g butter
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg to the butter and sugar and mix well.
- Then add vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mix into the wet ingredients.
- Mix until it’s nice and doughy.
- Flour your hands and the work surface, and roll the dough into pieces about the size of a golf ball.
- Squash it down and shape it into a crescent, and then flatten it down again.
- Bake on a baking tray for about ten minutes on gas 4 (350f), until the sides begin to brown.