Its a wheat free alternative that tastes just as good as normal pizza, with a textural difference obviously. The base is much tastier than a pizza base, its just your preference as to which you’d prefer. Very simple, done in about half an hour from blending the cauliflower to the finished product.
- 1 Small cauliflower, grated finely, or blended
- 60g Grated cheddar
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Basil
- 1/2tsp Oregano
- 1 Egg
- 2tbsp or so Tomato puree
- Enough cheese to cover the tomato
- Once the cauliflower is blended is a hopefully more stable blender than we have, put it in a microwave save bowl, and microwave for about 4:30, set aside to cool for a little bit, then tip out into a clean, thin tea towel or cheese cloth, wring out as much liquid as possible. Dump it back into the bowl of which it came.
- Add the cheese, herbs, and egg, mix thoroughly. Preheat oven to gasmark 8/ 220*C/450*F. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper, or a pizza mat, if youre fancy like us. Form the mixture into a rough ball, place it on the middle of the baking tray, and press out into a large circle, very thin but structurally sound (wont explode inside the oven). Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly browning over the top, turning around half way through.
- Once its cooled a tiny bit, spread your tomato puree over it evenly, leave half an inch or so from the edge, cover the tomato with the cheese and return to the oven, but turn the oven down to gasmark 4/180*C/350*F. Baking for 5-8 minutes, until cheese is completely melted, maybe a bit longer if you want it browned a bit. Done.