This one was a really fun one, everyone liked it, it was easy. Win win win, also the crust for this cheesecake worked a lot better than all my others.
- 250g Finely crushed digestive biscuits
- 150g Melted butter
- 2tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ginger
- 165g Soft caramels, like Werther’s
- 70ml Single cream
- 400g Soft cheese
- 2tbsp Demarera sugar
- 3 Room temperature eggs
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- Mix together the biscuit, butter, cinnamon, and ginger. Press into a medium, but deep, round cake tin. Make sure the base and walls are evenly coated. Leave to chill.
- Melt the caramels and cream together in a small saucepan, add in the seal salt until salty enough, about 1/2 teaspoon. Leave to cool a lot, if its too thick, add cream.
- Beat the soft cheese until very soft? It goes a lot softer trust me. Beat in the sugar and then the eggs,then the vanilla. Once the caramel sauce has cooled, pour 3/4 of it into the cheese mixture and mix well. Preheat oven to gasmark 2/ 140*C/ 300*F.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the biscuit case, drizzle over the remaining caramel and make a pretty pattern. Bake for 60-80 minutes, until when slightly wiggles the centre doesnt look quite set, its supposed to be like that, it should only be a couple inches circle in the middle that isnt set. Leave to cool and chill in the fridge until ready to eat.