Wasn’t expecting anyone but me to like this, as I’m basically the only one who likes mushrooms, but everyone did, especially my little sister who without a doubt 100% loved it and definitely wanted loads more. But yeah, it was surprisingly liked and I’ll probably end up doing it again at some point. Pretty easy as well.
- 1tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Small onion finely chopped
- 1 Stick of celery, also finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove finely chopped or 1-2 tsp garlic puree
- A bit of salt and pepper
- 100g Mushroom of your choice, (preferably not the ones that make you see pink fairies, but eh you do you.) Sliced thinly
- 1tsp Rosemary
- 125g Rice
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 20g Frozen mushrooms, defrosted in 200ml Boiling water (keep the water, you’ll need it)
- 300ml Semi-skimmed or full fat milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 handfuls Spinach, roughly chopped
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook gently for about 10 minutes or until softened. Add in the rosemary and mushroom and cook for another 10 minutes.
2. Then add in the rice, mix it well and leave for a couple seconds. Then add in the stock cube and half the mushroom water and half the milk, mix well. Simmer for about 20 minutes, slowly adding in the rest of the mushroom water and milk. Put in the spinach in and cook for another 10 or so minutes or until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed, leaving no extra. If you run out of liquid and the rice isn’t cooked yet then add a bit more milk. Bam you is finished, enjoy. You can also fry a few mushrooms to put on top as seen in the pictures.