This recipe is ridiculously easy, as in a toddler could make it. Its also really fun to make, easy and fun, when I first read it I didn’t wanna do it cuz I thought that nothing this easy would be nice, weeeeell I was wrong, I mean, it is kinda sweet, but at least you can have fun while becoming diabetic, win win, early death and some fun.
- 60g Butter
- 110g Soft, dark brown sugar
- 3 Bananas, sliced nice n thick
- 90g Butter, softened
- 90g Caster sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 100ml Milk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 190g Self-raising flour
- Lil bit o salt
1. Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan, don’t burn it. Once melted, tip in the sugar, stir until the sugar is well mixed with the butter and bubbles start to form around the edges. Pour the caramel/toffee mixture into the base of a large flan tin.
2. Arrange the banana slices on top of the toffee (once its quite cool, hot, sticky toffee is not pleasant to the touch, and to the nerve ending in your fingers).
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, dad the vanilla, slowly add the milk while mixing, and then the eggs, flour and salt. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180*C/380*F.
4. Pour/spoon the mixture on top of the bananas, gently spread it out, keeping it about 0.5 inch from the sides. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean. Baddabingbaddaboom tis done, enjoy. Oh and custard goes well with it