This is one of my ‘inventions’. I did actually think of this, then I googled it to see if it had been done before, there’re some similar versions of this, mine is sort of a simplified version of them. Everyone thought they were alright , not great, but alright. So yeah, I’m a genius :D… even though this is basically a simple version of something that has been made for years…. I’m still a genius… even if it’s only in my head.
You will need:
- 1 lot of this pastry -> Shortcrust pastry
- 2 Eggs + 1 beaten
- Tomato sauce (mustard can also be used)
1. Roll out the pastry to about 1/2 inch, then it into squares of about 5-6 inches, enough to cover the egg.
2. Hard boil the eggs, usually about 4 minutes in boiling water, plop then straight into cold water to cool and prevent that weird green-black stuff from forming around the yolk. Once cooled, peel the eggs and cut them in half (lengthwise). Preheat oven to gas mark 4/ 180*C/ 350*F.
3. Put a bit of tomato sauce in the middle of a square, plop an egg half (face down) onto int, then cover the top of the egg in the sauce so the pastry sticks. Fold the pastry over the eggs and transfer to a baking tray. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Done :D. Enjoy my ‘invention’.