My first soup containing meat. Surprisingly, nobody liked it that much. I don’t think that there should have been that much tomato put in, it sorta masked the beef. It’s also a FODMAP recipe.
You will need:
- 930g Beef soup bones
- 3tsp Salt
- 1tsp Ground pepper
- 2tsp Paprika
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 Litres of water
- 250g Frozen chopped vegetables (or just use normal stuff like carrots and stuff)
- 2 Large potatoes
- 1/2 Can chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp Mixed herbs
1. Cut the fat off of the meat bones, melt a chunk of the fat in a soup pan. Cut the meat into chunks.
2. In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper and paprika. Put the meat into the bowl and make sure they are well covered.
3. Cook the meat (including the bones) in the fat until browned, add the carrot and water. Cover and let simmer for 2 hours.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the potatoes are completely cooked. 25-30 minutes. Add more seasoning if necessary. Take out the bones before serving.