This pastry is important for a lot of our pastry related dessert recipes, like the Blackberry&Apple Pie that I am currently writing as of when I post this. Can also be eaten as is, as a biscuit or something.
You will need:
- 125g softened (but cold) butter
- 250g plain flour
- 70g caster sugar, or 100g Icing sugar (I think it makes the pastry a bit softer, and obviously sweeter, works better with some things)
- 2 egg yolks (you can swap one of the egg yolks for a tablespoon of cold water)
1. Put the butter, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix together with finger-tips until mixture looks like yellowish breads crumbs.
2. Add the egg yolks (water) and continue to mix until a nice dough has formed, most recipes say to chill in a fridge but I don’t ‘cos I’m a rebel… and impatient.
3. And there you go, baking time can vary from recipe to recipe.