This is a slightly healthier option of cake compared to others, not as easy though. Its not a hard recipe but its not easy either. So here’s the recipe, good luck!
You will need:
- 175g block butter, diced
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 apple (Cored, peeled, sliced (12 slices in preferable))
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, beat well after each.
3. Fold in the flour and salt lightly using a large spoon. Preheat oven at gas mark 4/ 180*C/ 350*F. Grease a 8 inch spring form cake tin. Dust with flour and tap out excesses.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the milk and vanilla extract, stir into the mixture. Spoon into cake tin and smooth the top, arrange the apple slices on top and press down very lightly. Brush with the lemon juice, I just brushed the apples because I don’t trust lemon juice not to ruin the cake.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. You can sprinkle it with icing sugar if you want, we did. Enjoy!!