We all like fishcakes, so we found a recipe and it looked perfect! We eat tuna mayo sweetcorn sandwiches and thought this recipe would be ideal to try! We made it into 4 (HUGE) cakes but they were a pain to cook, I suggest making them into 8.
You will need:
- 450g potatoes cut into small chunks
- 2 tsbp mayonnaise
- 310g tinned tuna, drain
- 200g sweet corn
- A small bunch of snipped chives
- 2 beaten eggs
- 100g dried bread crumbs
- Sunflower oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until soft. Drain and tip into a colander and steam dry. Put the potatoes into a separate bowl, mash and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Mix in the sweetcorn, mayo, chives and tuna until well mixed. Shape into as many cakes as you want (I would recommend 8, 4 was WAY to big) and chill in the fridge until firm(er).
3. On a big plate, pour out the eggs. Do the same with the breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
4. Once the cakes are ready, take out and dip into the eggs. Allow to drip off any excess and cover in the breadcrumbs. Fry in the sunflower oil on each side (2-3 minutes) until golden brown. Enjoy!